Saturday, June 22, 2013

Caning


SOLD
8 x 8 Oil on Gessobord

After working on this painting, the name took on a totally different meaning than I had originally planned.  I was ready to flog the canvas and anyone who walked by with a cane!  I worked and reworked this, and I'm still not really happy with it, but I have to move on.  This artisan is multi-talented and will share his knowledge freely.  He was explaining to me his caning process and talking about his upcoming pottery classes as he worked away.   I really wanted to capture him as he was talking and show his enthusiasm.  Most (give or take a few) paintings just sort of roll off the brush for me.  This one...not so much.  Sorry, Dan!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think you did a great job on him.....ok, so are you going to take caning classes now too????

    ReplyDelete