Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Balmy Days

6 x 6 Pastel on Wallis Paper, 16 x 16 Framed
$150 + s/h (Framed)

 
The Balmy Days is the ferry that goes from Boothbay Harbor to Monhegan Island and back.  You park your car, grab everything you are going to need on Monhegan, and board the boat.  It is such a beautiful ride that takes a little over an hour.  I took a photo of some of the members of my painting group.  I've had this photo for about two years and finally decided to paint it, punching up the blue of the water to give it a real summer feel.  I'm getting a lot of mileage out of my Maine photographs, and I'm going back to paint and take some more in September.  One can never have enough inspiration...especially in February when the weather is cold and dreary.

No comments:

Post a Comment