Saturday, September 24, 2011

Christina's View, 2011


A visit to the Olson House in Cushing, Maine, inspired this painting.  We had a wonderful tour of the home by a guide who really had the enthusiasm to bring everything to light about Andrew Wyeth's painting "Christina's World."  We were able to see Wyeth's interpretation from his actual vantage point.  I don't know about the others in the group, but I could almost feel him working there.  I'm guessing that my view in this painting is approximately where he placed Christina, but it's only a guess.  As you can see, the house and barn are closer together in reality, and in Wyeth's painting the scene is stripped to only the bare essentials.  I included in this pastel the trees that are present...A view from 2011.   The post below is an image of the actual painting.  One can never get too much of the wonderful Andrew Wyeth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment