Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cowboy Boots and Short Shorts


8 x 10 Oil on Arches Oil Paper

I was doing an outdoor art show and these two teen girls strolled by in their boots and shorts.  I'm relatively sure they coordinated their outfits before leaving for the day. I'm always amazed that kids (and perhaps some adults) think they are being so original...exactly like everyone else.  During the 60's (Yes, I'm dating myself), my "original" uniform was faded, ripped jeans, tie-dyed everything, straight long hair (a la Mary of Peter, and Paul fame) and sandals, even though my  feet were freezing in the winter :-), or black tights and black short skirts for dress...That's what pretty much everyone wore in the Village in New York.  Yes, originality at it's best...OK..I'm really feeling old now!

No comments:

Post a Comment