Sunday, April 7, 2013

Breakfast at CJ's


6 x 6 Oil on Gessobord
SOLD

Two of my most favorite things...cappuccino and crumb cake. As far as I'm concerned, there is no better way to start the day.  Our small coffee shop has new owners, and I'm not sure what brand of espresso they use, but I think it's even better than Starbucks.  I'm very picky about my coffee.  The baristas at Starbucks usually run for cover when I approach the counter.  Yes, I see them smirking.  My order is really involved and specific.  The person at the counter tries to keep up as he/she writes on the side of the cup, but invariably something is not quite right..."..cappuccino, Grande, dry but not too dry, mostly foam but a little milk, make that skimmed milk, double shot...unless you usually use two shots.  If so, then triple shot..."  Here at C.J.'s, they seem to know how to make a perfect cup.  Now, that's a science :-)  I really loved painting this.  Seriously, I could almost taste it as I was applying the paint.

1 comment:

  1. Oh YUM, better than breakfast at Tiffany's! I can just taste that coffee cake and coffee.

    ReplyDelete