Thursday, August 22, 2013

Carrot Top


8 x 8 Oil on Gessobord

For all you people out there in blog world who REALLY know alpacas, this might not be what you consider an accurate portrait, but this particular alpaca looked at me exactly like this...with disdain, and a faint smile.  She reminded me of my mother's cousin..A smirky smile, really dark red lipstick, and red hair right out of the Florida retirement bottle that stuck up with lots of hairspray.  This alpaca is not as elegant as my favorite llama, Polka Spot, from the Beekman farm.  I realize that llamas and alpacas are totally different, but those faces are quite similar..at least to me.  If I could actually see Polka Spot in person, I would have chosen to paint her, but this alpaca will have to do.

1 comment:

  1. that human face in the alpaca face is a little crazy! I'm seeing Lucy's face after 100 tastes of "Vegavetamedimagic" ...!

    ReplyDelete