Wednesday, November 6, 2013

shhhh! It's the Library



8 x 8 Oil on Gessobord

SOLD

You don't see too many people actually studying in the library anymore.  The computer has pretty much changed all that, which is unfortunate in some respects.  I used to have study dates in the library.  You notice I didn't say I used to study there.  At the time, it was what we all did.  I would be so vain that I wouldn't wear my glasses, so I couldn't see very well when it came to doing any school work.  That never bothered me as long as I looked good :-)  My parents were not too pleased when the grades came in, though.  The cramming at the end of the semester, i.e., Cliff's Notes, wasn't much help.  I look back now, and just shake my head....This young woman was all alone in the beautiful library on Monhegan Island.  The smell of the old books and wood brought back lovely memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment