Saturday, August 2, 2014

Work on Display


For the month of August, I am the Featured Artist at the Electric Company Artists Co-op in Bedford, Virginia.  The opening of the display is on Second Friday, August 8th from 5:00 - 8:00 PM.  If you are in the area, please drop by and say "Hi" and see my work as well as the work of some very talented artists that display there.

July and August have been extremely busy here at Smith Mountain Lake.  We've had lots of company this summer and it has been really enjoyable.  I'm thankful that everyone will travel far and wide to see us. Now that things have quieted down, I've got to organize.  I've got to stop and think about what paintings are where and what paintings I need for upcoming shows.  I used to think that being an artist meant simply painting, but I'm finding that it is so much more than that.  There are a lot of things to consider and plan out, and some of those things are almost more important than the actual act of painting.   As the Grateful Dead said though, "What a wonderful trip this has been"...and still is :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly . I experience that pain every other day. I'm the most disorganized artist you will ever know. Wouldn't trade it for anything though. I hope to see you Friday evening. I'm planning to be there.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete