Thursday, January 7, 2016

It's All in the Details



SOLD
 
9 x 6 Oil on Archival Board

Number 10 in my series of paintings of people at museums.  Only 6 more to go to be ready for my show in March.  I love doing these so much and will probably continue, but it's nice to know that I will be ready when I need to be.  This is one of my favorites so far.  The really nice thing about the National Gallery is that the viewer can get up close and personal with the paintings.  It's not that way at all museums.  This room was one of my favorites.  It contained the Dutch masters, and the painting of interest here is "The Prayer Before the Meal" by Jan Steen.  The darks and lights...WOW!

 More to come, interspersed with a few commissioned animal portraits that I can now post :-)



1 comment:

  1. I agree Shelley, it's perfect. Love this series. Some day I want to get some photos at a museum.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete