Monday, October 24, 2016

Sea of Dreams


9 x 6 Oil on Archival Board

Sometimes when I go into my studio to paint and don't have a definite idea of what I'm going to start, I look through my photos and see what appeals to me at that particular time.  I think I've said it before, but if I don't have a real interest in the subject, the outcome is not as good as I'd like it to be.  This little painting is an example.  I like it now a lot, but it took me a while to get into the process.  I wasn't sure where I was going with it, kept changing it, and finally decided to leave it as is and look at it again later.  When I did, I was happy with it.  I've discovered over the years that, for me, I have to have a real passion for the subject and can see the painting even before I put the first stroke on the canvas.

1 comment:

  1. It really helps to have that passion. That's why it can be hard to do commissions (for me anyway)
    Looking really fine!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete