Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas, 2016


8 x 10 Oil on Archival Board

Last year, one of our neighbors hired this horse and carriage to take their grandchildren for a ride right before Christmas.  It was a sight to see when they came down our street, and most of the neighbors came out to gawk.  Naturally it was a photo op for me, and I decided to paint it this year for my Christmas card adding a few things...Like snow...and runners on the sleigh. 

I wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!  One can only hope and pray that this coming year will bring peace to us, all over this precious planet of ours.  I want to thank you for looking at my artwork throughout the year.  I definitely feel blessed! 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful painting, Shelley! Is that you riding with the jolly ole man?
    I have enjoyed your blog a lot this year and look forward to 2017. We must paint on the lake this summer.
    Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete