Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Paddles Up!

This is a relatively simple painting and I thought it would be a quick study, but it took a lot longer to paint than I originally thought.  I was using a new brand of pastels which are thicker than most I've used before.  Because the figures are small I wound up switching to my usual brands midway, but by that time everything was out of balance and I had used up the tooth of the paper.  I suppose I could have sharpened the thicker pastels, but I wasn't that motivated.   I saved it as best I could and may think about painting it again....or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment