Thursday, March 8, 2012

Beach Walk

5 x 7 Oil on Masonite

SOLD

A quick study in oil.  Thought I'd never say that :-)  There's plenty more to do on this, but I'm happy with the outcome and the hazy feel.  I always hate to go back into my paintings to "fix" things, because that eliminates the freshness of the piece.  I probably will leave this alone and just varnish it, which will bring out the colors.  We are having a issue with photographing these oil pieces.  It seems to be entirely different than photographing pastels.  The latter comes out looking great, but the oils seem to look a little muddy in the photos.  If anyone out there knows the secret, email me.  Meanwhile, I'll be researching on the Web.  By the way, I want to thank everyone for all the kind words about my work.  You have no idea how grateful I am and how much it means to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment