Sunday, March 11, 2012

Switching the Museum Paintings, Island Style!

SOLD

5x7 Oil on Gessobord

Where else would you see fine art moved this way, but Monhegan Island?!  I couldn't resist painting this.  The art museum on the Island is absolutely wonderful, with some of the finest artists' work hanging.  It was so special to see it.  Since cars are not allowed on the Island, other than the full time residents, I suppose this is as good a way to change out the art as any.  I'm thinking that after hauling lobster traps around, they go and pick up the priceless paintings.  Actually, I'm not totally sure that is what they were doing, but I can't imagine what else it could be, so I'll go with that :-)  As I've said a million times, if you haven't gotten to Monhegan, you're missing out on a terrific adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment