Sunday, September 15, 2013

Flamingo Dawn


8 x 8 Oil on Gessobord

Monhegan, Maine... again!  You can tell how much I love the place.  I woke up one morning before dawn and walked around the Island taking in the beautiful sunrise and the colors as they began to appear.  I don't think I will ever forget it because I have never seen anything quite so beautiful.  This plastic pink flamingo was taking it all in as well, and perhaps keeping watch over what was going on; although there wasn't much at that hour. He might have been part of the Island security force.  Probably the only one.  If you look between the two houses, you can see a bit of the ocean and Manana, the uninhabited island directly across.  As the sun came up, Manana became bright orange, an unbelievable sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment