Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Man and His Guide



8 x 10" Oil on Gessobord

This is my son and the Bhutanese guide that was with them during their trip.  This was painted from a photo taken by my Daughter-in-Law.  I so enjoy her pictures and look forward to her Friday photo blog (KK's Photo Friday) as well as all the other pictures she sends.  As I've said before, she has an artist's eye, and I can always immediately visualize a painting based on her photos. All sorts of colors pop into my mind.  It's so great to have a folder of possible paintings waiting by my easel.  I have to admit, this is one of my favorite paintings right now. 

1 comment:

  1. the light is wonderful in this piece. The photos from this trip have a different energy from you. I like it very much. What I especially enjoy is seeing your work in person after getting the skinny on them here on the blog. I cannot recommend this enough to others reading here. thanks for sharing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete