Thursday, October 23, 2014

End of the Day Light Show



8 x 8 Oil on Gessobord

SOLD

After spending fortunes on all different tubes of oil paint, I have recently narrowed down my paintings to the three primaries and white as an experiment.  I'm not saying that I will never use all those luscious colors sitting next to my easel, but I am really enjoying the process of mixing and blending.  As I've said before, going from pastels to oils is a big transition.  I was totally used to just scanning my options and picking the color I wanted.  I now have to really consider and experiment, and besides learning so much about color, I'm also totally enjoying the process.  I never thought I'd say that :-)  Thank you Josh and Brent for allowing me to use your wonderful scenes of the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment