Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Revolving


8 x 8 Oil on Gessobord

These are people heading out of Grand Central in NYC.  I've been thinking about painting this for a long time (since my trip last year), but the scope of it always frightened me a little.  So, I decided to paint shapes instead of actual "things."  I painted it upside down, sideways, right side up....every which way.  Very impressionistic and very free.  About the subject matter, I'm not a big fan of revolving doors.  I use them, of course, when there is no alternative but I never know whether to join in with someone in front of me or to hold everyone up behind me and wait until the next opening passes by.  Some of them have really wide openings.  Is this for multiple people?  Also, if you do go with someone else, there is always that problem of stepping on their heels...Life can be very complicated :-)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you tackled it 'cuz you did a great job. Odd subject matter, yes, but interesting and it's always good to tackle your fears. And the 28 photos taken at right time was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete