Sunday, February 8, 2015

Coffee Shop Girl



6 x 8 Oil on Gessobord

SOLD

You know how some paintings seem to paint themselves.  Well, this one definitely didn't!  It absolutely has to do with my focusing on so many other things right now.  I struggled with it for two days and am finally satisfied....Or I'm forcing myself to be satisfied :-)

On another note, I am honored that my artwork was juried into the 2015 Biennial Juried Exhibition at Olin Hall Galleries in Roanoke, Virginia.  Doug McClemont, who is a writer and curator in NYC, is the juror of the show.  The juror lecture and awards will be March 13th at 6 PM at the Olin Gallery. 

Also in March, I will have the honor, along with fellow artist and friend, Nancy Rae Brown, to be the Featured Artist for the month at Second Helpings Gallery in Roanoke, Virginia.  More on this to come....

2 comments: