Sunday, January 12, 2014

Beach Pick-Up


8 x 8 Oil on Gessobord

I find it really interesting that most of us, when walking along the shore, stop and pick up stuff.  Everything seems like a terrific find.  Then, we get home and wonder why we pocketed what we found.  Even shells.  I always collect them as I walk, looking for one that is perfect.  I bring it back and wonder what to do with it.  They usually wind up in the garbage.  It's like that Updike quote...actually one of my favorites ..."Possession diminishes perception of value, immediately."

2 comments:

  1. Lovely painting Shelley. Brings back lots of good memories. Your reflections and changing colors of the water are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the reflection is beautiful! your seashore paintings are some of my favorites, although I do enjoy the latest dog portraits too. such energy !!

    ReplyDelete