Saturday, June 7, 2014

Memorial Day Picnic, Smith Mountain Lake



9 x 12 Oil on Gessobord

SOLD

Perfect weather, bright sparkling water, and this family having a picnic at the park over the Memorial Day weekend.  A painter's opportunity if there ever was one.  I have become addicted to painting people of all shapes and sizes.  I feel as though I'm sculpting when I move the paint around to get the effects I want.  I used to love to do this with pastels because my hands were in direct contact with the surface, but what was lacking for me was the thickness and creamy consistency that the oils have.  I'm still learning the ins and outs of painting with oils, but the fact that I wake up each morning and can't wait to get into the studio says it all.  I even dream about painting...How weird :-)

1 comment:

  1. Dreaming of painting isn't really all that weird ! I do it on occasion-LOL. And painting w/ oils is a bit weird. I have a hard time w/ detail in oils. Not enough practice. Good job on your people. Their tans look great.

    ReplyDelete