Friday, June 13, 2014

Sun Goddess




8 x 8 Oil on Gessobord

I started this painting while sitting at an Artisan Open House.  My friend was with me, happily painting a rural scene with horses...I, naturally, was painting a young woman clad only in a bikini.  In the background was good old country music played by a man with the greatest country face ever.  (You can be sure he will appear on my blog one of these days).  I know people who stopped to watch were a little perplexed by my choice of subject.  From my place on the porch, my only option painting plein air would have been parked trucks....Though come to think of it, I probably would have had a large group of men around me.  As it was, I did get a few men looking at the bikini :-)  I had a very limited palette with me, so I played a little with the color.  Funky and Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment