Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Gills Creek Study #1 - Spring

5 x 7" Oil on Gessoboard
$55, Unframed

SOLD

 
This is the first in a series of views from my studio.  I plan to paint this view from the perspective of the atmospheric changes that I see on a daily basis.  I'm always fascinated by how this scene changes from minute to minute.  I'm going to attempt to paint some of those changes as time permits.  I've done this view many times since we've lived here, but I've never documented  my perception of what I see on a regular basis.  I have a wonderful Guerrilla Paintbox that I won in an art competition, and I've set it  up in my studio.  The nice thing about it is that I can move it easily from place to place.  This was actually done from the kitchen window as the wind picked up and the rain clouds started to move in.

No comments:

Post a Comment