Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring on Gills Creek, Smith Mountain Lake

8 x 16" Oil on Gessoboard
$85, Unframed

I painted this from my studio looking out at Gills Creek.  This is a view I really love and have painted it many times.  I'm particularly proud of the fact that I used only the three primary colors, plus white to create the painting.  { I can hear seasoned oil painters snickering now.}  As I've said I'm getting the feel of mixing the paints, so this is all new to me, but what a sense of accomplishment to be able to create all the colors of the rainbow...plus more... with so few tubes of paint.  The art of pastel is a totally different ballgame, as my storage cabinet will attest to.  Totally filled up with vibrant colors...Overflowing!  Right now just sitting and waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment