Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Regatta, Smith Mountain Lake

8" x 16" Oil on Gessoboard
$95 Unframed

SOLD

New season of sailing for my husband, so I get to paint more sailboats.  It was a windy, spectacular, blue day for the first race.  It's unusual that the mountains appear to be the same color as the lake, but that's how I saw it.  It's an atmosphere thing, I guess.  Some days, they appear to be violet, others they are green.  An artist I like painted the same scene from his window each day of the year, and not one of them was the same.  Before I began painting, I don't think I noticed the subtle changes that occur.  So....yet again, another sailboat painting...A new day!

1 comment:

  1. nice composition,..... now you know why I paint the Sea so much.....always different, depending on sky situation.

    ReplyDelete